Saturday, January 1, 2011

Decade Dance #5

#5. Traveling the Country & the World. I love to travel. I am a tourist. However, I always have 2 goals when traveling: 1. spend as little money as possible & 2. see the city/country from the local persepctive. In the last 10 years I have been so blessed to see the following:

+NYC+ I hadn't been north of the Mason Dixon line since my family moved to Charlotte in the summer of '93. It was great to return to New York in 2005 & see how much the city has changed. I've always seen my self as a bit of a city girl.

+Germany+Austria+Switzerland. In the spring of 2007 I had the chance to chaperone a trip for the chorus at Ashbrook High School. We toured through Germany, Austria, & Switzerland as the kids sang in churches around Bavaria.

+Aruba+ Family Vacation is perhaps my single favorite week out of each year. Every summer my family vacations with my dad's brother and his family. They are some of my favorite people in the whole wide world. In the summer of 2007 we invaded the island.
+Southern California+ I love SoCal. I've been 2 times in the last few years. The first trip was with Kendra in the spring of '08. We stayed in San Diego and also ventured up to the LA area since my brother had just moved there. The second time I went was with my family on vacation. This time we stayed in Orange County & I had the most fun discovering new parts of Cali, especially Malibu. Here are a few things I recommend: La Jolla beach; Balboa Park; Seaport Village; getting your first tattoo; Driving the PCH; In-n-Out burgers; Malibu & point dume; Santa Monica. If it wasn't so far away & so expensive, I think I would move to San Diego
+Chicago+ I've also been to Chicago 2 times in the last few years. My cousin Elizabeth lives there, so it makes for a perfect excuse to visit the windy city. I love Chicago in the summer time. I'm not so sure about the winter though - sub zero temps are the only reason I haven't considered moving to Chicago. My most recent trip was with Michael, who had never been to Chicago before.

+Boston+ Kendra & I spent a week in Boston. I love Boston. While there, UNC won the 2009 National Championship. I love Tyler Hansbrough. Please forgive me stream of conciousness. You can see the blog on Boston starting here (#2, #3, #4, #5, #6)
+Folly Beach+Charleston+ We have created an annual girls beach trip to Folly Beach & Charleston over Labor Day weekend. Charleston is one of my favorite southern cities & Folly Beach is the perfect beach town.

+Dominican Republic+ This was the location for our honeymoon. We stayed at an all inclusive resort (which I highly recommend). We never left the resort!

No comments:

Post a Comment