Tuesday, April 7, 2009

I Make It Wayne

Ok, let's recap the last 48 hours shall we? On Monday morning Kendra & I rushed to over the Harvard Yard to catch the 10:00am tour of Harvard's campus. It was a rather dreary day but that didn't take away from the beauty of the campus. Harvard very much reminded me of UNC's campus - old brick buildings & beautiful architecture, mixed in with the unfortunate architecture of the 70's, a green grassy quad, old sprawling trees, and the bustle of a college town. Being on campus made me want to go back to school so bad. I can't lie, I love acedamia. Kendra & I were so inspired by the academic spirit at Harvard that we decided to bust out Dicken's Nicholas Nickleby and read.We spent the rest of the afternnon strolling through Harvard, visiting the book store & walking down Mass Ave. We also had lunch at this excellent burger joint called "Bartley's Burger Cottage." Each of the burgers was named after a famous person - most of them were politicians. I think it was one of the best burgers I have ever eaten - maybe because it was the Tom Brady burger, maybe.
Now to the best part of Monday - The University of North Carolina Tar Heels. My Heels played in the National Championship game against Michigan State. We played one of the best first halfs of basketball I have ever seen & refused to give up the lead. I am so proud to be a Heel!! Roy Williams has now won 2 national championships in only 6 years of coaching at UNC. I am the most happiest for my baby Tyler Hansbrough. He the kind of player that you love if he plays for your team & hate if he doesn't. He plays for my team, I love him. The only letdown was knowing that I couldnt be on Franklin Street to celebrate. Click here for the Daily Tarheel Slide Show pics. Click here to view the celebration on Franklin.

Today we took our time getting ready since we had a rather late night celebrating the Tarheels victory. We somehow managed to find our way to Sam Adams Brewery. If you are ever in Boston, I highly recomment going. It was really cool to learn about the ingredients & brewing process. At the end of the tour, we were given Sam Adams tasting glasses (which we got to keep - I love free stuff!) and sampled three different Sam Adams beers. We sampled the Boston Lager, Summer Brew & some other one that neither Kendra & I can remember (prolly cuz it was our least favorite of the three).
On our way back from Sam Adams brewery, Kendra & I found the men of our dreams - sorry Michael :/
After our beer tasting experience, we went over to the Warf & walked along the piers & looked at the boats, ate dinner at a little pub, watched the end of the BoSox game (opening day).





No comments:

Post a Comment