Friday, December 31, 2010

Decade Dance #8-#6

I spent five years of my life in Chapel Hill. I would not trade a single one of those minutes for anything in the world. I realize that a lot of what shaped my experience at UNC was the people I met & shared my life with while I was there. However, there is something about the University its self that holds a piece of my heart. Everytime I step foot on campus, I get butterflies in my stomach. The best thing I can compare it to is when you see a long lost friend - its overwhelming. It is truely the southern piece of heaven. Appropriately, the next 3 events in my coundown all occurred while attended UNC.

#8. Sticking around for a 5th year to get my Masters of Arts in Teaching. Graduating from Carolina was bittersweet. It is the moment every college student waits for...

...Buts let me tell you kids. STAY IN COLLEGE AS LONG AS YOU CAN! College is NOT, I repeat, NOT the real world. I am so glad that I stayed for a 5th year.



#7. Coaching at Chapel Hill YMCA. This was the start of my coaching career. The kids there literally changed my life. I really learned what it meant to pour myself into a group of kids, invest in them, teach them, grow with them & love them. These kids are forever impressed on my heart. I am also so greatful to have worked with John King in my 2 years at the CHYSC. He taught me so much about coaching, but was also an amazing friend to me.


#6. Winning the 2005 NCAA National Championship. College Basketball is my favorite sport to watch. This was a year of redemption for the Heels, who just a few years earlier went 8-20. Welcome home 'ol Roy Williams; welcome home. We will celebrate with bonfires on Franklin St. & perhaps a tasty honey biscuit from Time-out.


No comments:

Post a Comment