Friday, April 10, 2009

Winding Down

Well, Ker-Joy and Shay-Ray are on their last leg of their Boston adventure; as I speak, Kendra is dutifly packing her suitcase, and I clearly am not. The last 2 days have been full of even more adventure. Yesterday we didn't leave the hotel until about 1:00 - much to the maid's confusion. We made our way over to Fenway Park to see the home of the Red Sox. There was a 1:30 game going on & it was a lot of fun to see the hustle & bustle of the park during the game. {however, I must say that I think Wriglyville in Chicago is even cooler than Fenway} Obviously since Kendra and I wanted to do FREE things in Boston, we did not have tickets to the game. Instead we found a bar right beside the ball park, had a few drinks & a massive plate of nachos, watched the game & chatted with some M.I.T students (one of whom is getting his masters in aerospace engineering - yes, he is a rocket scientist).
We then strolled on over to the public gardens because it turned out to be a beautiful day. It was so nice just to lay in the grass & soak up the warm sunlight. It was also fun to watch Kendra feed a 1/2 bag of pretzels to the ducks. That might have been one of the highlights of the day
Today Kenni got her hairs did. They look most excellent - but will not be unveiled until her return to Charlotte. Therefore, I will not be posting any pictures of said haircut. After the salon experience, we made our way back up to the North End. We had discovered North End on the first day in Boston & fell in love with it. It is very Italian & very awesome. We had lunch at Pizzaria Regina. The only thing this place serves is pizza. Literally. No sides, no pasta, no salad. Only pizza - and when you eat there you will see why. It would be a shame to even try to eat anything at this place that wasn't pizza. One of the best pies I have ever had.
Then we hit up our favorite bakery for one last savery taste of Mike's Pasteries - specifically the cannolis. I wish I could bring one home for everyone. You have not tasted cannoli until you have eaten one of these. I tried the chocolate mousse one today - it was so smooth and creamy & the cannoli shell was perfectly crunchy - seriously people, so good when it hits your lips.
We spent the rest of the day shopping on Newbury Street. It was a great combination of upscale shopping, vintage/second hand stores & stuff that I can afford. Kendra & I went a little bit crazy in the two story H&M - but can you blame us, we don't have one in Charlotte or anywhere in NC for that matter. We also found a vintage cowboy boot store - it was nice to see a little bit of the south in New England.

It feels like I have been in Boston for a very long time - and I mean that in a good way (although I am very much starting to miss my family & Michael). We have had the opportunity to do so much while we are here and I am so thankful for it! Three cheers for Baston, Mass....you were a most excellent host for 2 almost southern girls taking a spring vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment