Monday, April 27, 2009

School's NOT Out For Summer

Contrary to my student's belief....school is not out for summer...unfortunately. Whenever I think of school being over for the year, the scene from "Grease" the movie pops into my head where all the kids are running out of the building and jumping down the stairs & the sun is shining so brightly....

As much as I love teaching, there comes a point in the year that it becomes hard to stay focused when the weather is so warm and all I want to do is grab a good book, a cold drink & sit by a body of water (pool, lake or ocean - ill take any of the three). So, I very much understand how my students feel right now, I can even sympathize with them. However, right now it's my job to motivate them. So, motivate I will....but first I have to find a way to motivate myself. After a wonderful Sunday afternoon at the church picnic with family and friends, I was not trying to come back to work today. But, I trust that the Lord will provide the motivation, patience & perseverance to finish out this school year.

34 DAYS AND COUNTING (down).....

No comments:

Post a Comment