Thursday, May 14, 2009

Heartless

I'm a big American Idol fan. However, I was not so passionate about anyone in the top 3 until Tuesday night. I think all of them have great voices & are fun to listen to, but I was getting kind of bored with it all, until this happened.....


Thank you Kris Allen for making me believe in you. You got all my votes on Tuesday night and now you are in the final two. One side note to all you ladies falling all over Adam & Kris and screaming like wild banshees for them: a. Kris is married, don't try to be a home wrecker (and his wife is beautiful, you don't stand a chance anyway); b. Adam is gay. You also don't have a chance with him.

Finally, I played Kris Allen's version of "Heartless" for my 1st period class, most of whom groaned and said it was not even close to Kanye's version of the song. At which point, I proceeded to school them and drop a little music knowledge on their hip hop infested brains. What they don't know, is that half of the hippity hop they listen to steals their hooks from classic & punk rock songs. Lil Wayne's newest song "Hot Revolver" samples Greenday's "Basketcase." For the love, Sean Kingston sampled Led Zeppelin's "D'yer Mak'er" (which really bothered me, by the way, b/c he ruined an incredible song). Now don't get me wrong, I love me some hip hop, but it is not the only genre of music, nor is it exclusive from other forms of music out there. Just recognize fool!

5 comments:

  1. I love that my kids love the "new song" careless whispers. lol! Makes me feel old. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree - Kris did an amazing job with that song!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. someone redid careless whisper? they redid george michael?

    ReplyDelete
  4. it was incredible. my jaw dropped. then i texted you

    ReplyDelete
  5. the cover is not too bad, but yeah it's funny they think it's a new song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7imqO-OBVk

    ReplyDelete