Sunday, August 16, 2009

End of Summer

I love the summer. I really shouldn't need to say more than that, but let me explain. I have more time in the summer; I can enjoy my friends more; I can enjoy my boyfriend more; the sunshiny days & evening thunderstorms are my perfect weather; I like being in shorts, tank tops, sun dresses, rainbows & bathing suits; I get to focus on just coaching instead of teaching & coaching - and we always swim so fast during long course season; I love having time to workout in the summer, lay at the pool, read a book, spend more time in the word. I know that the Lord always gives me the summer months to refresh, restore & prepare me for the coming school year. I am so thankful for His kindness to me - the Lord knows exactly what I need to be sustained. Psalm 73 "Yet I am always with you; you hold me by my right hand. You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will take me into glory. Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you. My heart & my flesh may fail, but God is the strength of my heart & my portion forever."

Here are a few ways I have been spending the last few moments of that sweet summer time:

Cookouts with my DFLers


Coldplay!!!

Sophia's Bat Mitzvah and family vacation....but that will have to be a whole seperate post!







No comments:

Post a Comment