Friday, July 8, 2011

Let's Hear it for New York!

….Concrete jungle where dreams are made of….


Well this post is way too late but life gets crazy. For our 1 year anniversary Michael surprised me with a trip to New York City. We got to the city by 10am and spent most of our first day in the Museum of Natural History. I love that place! So many cool exhibits and it reminds me of my childhood so much. One of my fondest memories is taking the subway from Jersey into the city to go to the MNH. Later on that day we hid from the rain in some wine shops & Dylan's Candy Bar, and had some real New York Pizza.  We eventually checked into our very mod hotel in the middle of Manhattan. The next day we spent exploring the city (Rockefeller center, eating delicious food– I recommend Crumbs over Magnolia bakery any day, ground zero, Staten Island Ferry, Statue of Liberty, going to times square at night, etc).    We also tried to walk the Brooklyn Bridge, but we couldn't find our way onto the bridge walk.  However, this was not a lost cause because we stumbled upon this little dock area that was beautiful.  It reminded me of Charleston in NYC.  The last day was a bit more relaxing. In the morning we went to the top of Rockefeller Center and then walked around and hung out in Central Park. It was a whirlwind of a weekend but it was so much fun! And I think Michael has turned into a city boy!







No comments:

Post a Comment