Friday, April 15, 2011

Getting Organized

Last weekend (April 9-10) was the first time I cleaned our house since we moved in at the end of February.  Yikes! I can honestly say I was happy to be cleaning.  There are still a lot of things that need to get done & quite a few projects I have in mind.  But with our crazy schedule, there is only so much I can do during the school year when I leave the house at 7am & don't return until 8pm.  Here are 2 small projects I finally completed last weekend

#1 - Hanging up the chalkboard clip boards in our entryway.  I can't take credit for this idea - I've seen it all over blog land.  However, its super cute, easy & cheap (just spray paint some clipboards).  Its also a great way to organize all those random papers, mail, etc that you have no place for (or to leave your sweetie a little note - if you know what I'm sayin' ;)

#2 - Hanging & organizing my jewelry.  Let's just say if I had a before picture, its caption would be "hot mess."  I bought this birdcage jewelry organizer from Urban Outfitters (it was pretty cheap too).  The only problem I have is with the walls in our house - there is steel or concrete or something in them that does not allow the nails to go all the way into the wall - my hammer just bounces off the nails.... and maybe I should be concerned that every time I put a nail in the wall I hear something crubmling on the inside of the wall? 

Maybe one of these days I'll get to how Michael surprised me with a trip to NYC for our one year anniversary... I think that's pretty blog worthy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment