Friday, May 7, 2010

Wooops...

So I clearly haven't blogged in a while, and my excuse is that I just got married a month ago. The wedding was amazing - the actual day flew by so fast. Michael & I really wanted everyone to have a great time at the wedding & ceremony - that was our main goal for the event. Based on the responses we have received, everyone seemed to have a blast. One of the best things we did at the wedding was have a photo booth with props. As the night went on, the pictures from the photo booth were funnier & funnier. The weather was also absolutely gorgeous. I would not have changed a single thing about the entire day except for the DJ (who talked WAAAAAYYYY too much). Of course, Liz Connolly took the pictures (www.elisabeth-rose.com) and she was amazing. Here is a link to the engagement pics and the wedding pics. Seriously the girl is incredible with a camera. And she made us a sweet slideshow too. Check it out!
I could not have made it through the day without my mother. She was incredible and did so much for me, including baking & frosting 150 cupcakes for the wedding.

Michael & I went to the Dominican Republic on our honeymoon & it was exactly what we needed. We stayed at an all inclusive resort (which I HIGHLY recommend). We never even left the resort because it literally had everything we needed - there were 4 resturaunts, an all you can eat, 23 hour cafe, coffee shop, grill, bars (even a swim up bar), entertainment, 3 pools, etc. It was really a great relaxing time. We had absolutely no agenda and were able to just relax and enjoy each other for 6 days.

.....and married life.... well let me just say that I highly recommend it!

I also got to see my boy Jake go to his first prom last weekend. So cute!

And last but not least in news....after living in Charlotte for 17 years, I finally ate at the Penguin (and literally gained 3 pounds in one meal - but it was worth every bite!)

No comments:

Post a Comment