Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Me Like to Eat...

One of the things I am enjoying about being a wife is cooking. Now I know that this may sound cliche but I really do love to cook (and eat). On mother's day I had the chance to bless my mother by cooking her one of her favorite meals - fish tacos. Along with the fish tacos, I also made mexican style veggies (squash, zuchini & tomatos sauted in cumin, red pepper, & garlic topped with mexican melting cheese), corn salad, shrimp quesadillas (I got this recipe from THE Pioneer Woman ), and home made salsa (thanks to my baby bro for that recipe). I also made our family favorite - grandma's apple crisp - for dessert (I'll have to post that recipe later, it is honestly the best fruit crisp I have ever had). I was so happy to be able to bless my mother in this way. She is an amazing woman & it is the least I could do to honor her.

I have also discovered a new favorite recipe that I can see becoming a family favorite (thanks Amanda Bartlett for the recipe): Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos

INGREDIENTS:
2-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 can of rotelle tomatoes
1 can of black beans
1/2 cup of water mixed with 1 package of taco seasoning

DIRECTIONS:
Throw everything into a slow cooker. Make sure the chicken is covered. Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours. Shred the chicken once it is fully cooked. Serve with your favorite taco shells & toppings. ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment