Monday, January 11, 2010

Making List, Checking it Twice

I've always been a fan of making lists and an even bigger fan of checking things off my to-do list. I even have a notebook that holds all my daily/weekly to-do lists. So needless to say with planning a wedding I have been making lists & then crossing things off the list. Most of the big things are finished:
  • Ceremony & Reception location (I am super excited about the reception - the venue is perfect!)

  • Wedding dress & veil - which I can't show you a picture of. Surprisingly I got the dress from David's Bridal. I found an awesome veil online at an Etsy store (that website it awesome!!)

  • Groom/Groomsmen Attire - check it out. I decided to go with suits instead of tux's - too formal is not my style.

  • Bridesmade dresses - the girls have told me they will wear them again. I'll believe it when I see it - but they do have pockets, which make them super awesome!

  • Liz Shea is going to be doing the photography. I am SO excited by this - she is a dear friend and I absolutely LOVE her photography.

  • Invitations are still being worked on, but my uncle Gary & aunt Pam have done an INCREDIBLE job with the designs they have shown me so far. I think they really capture the essence or our wedding & personalities.

  • I got an incredible hook up for a cake - a mother of one of my swimmers has connections with Johnson & Wales and introduced me to a girl who will be making our cake.

  • La-Tea-Da's is catering our event - you know Klebers LOVE to eat, so the food will be delicious. I just hope Michael & I will have a chance to eat the tasty treats. We will be having a cocktail hour with 2 passed apps; a carving station that includes NY Strip, Turkey, roasted veggies & rolls; a make your own pasta station with 2 sauces, Italian sausage, grilled chicken, and veggies; dessert bar and cupcakes. MMMMmmmmm......

  • AGAPE is DJing our event - the DJs name is Russell. We've heard lots of good things about him. Everyone tells me that the DJ can either make or break your event - so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

  • We've also started working on wedding decorations. I've found some great ideas that I'm copying from etsy & http://www.stylemepretty.com/ (a great wedding blog that I highly recommend). Here's a few pictures of some of the decorations we have started on (mad props to mama Klebe, Kristie Honea & Kendra Sands for their help in this department)
Michael has been put in charge of the honeymoon (obviously) and finding us a place to live. I must say he deserves mad props because he did an incredible job in both areas. We are taking our honeymoon in the Dominican Republic at an all inclusive resort. I am so excited about this!

He has also found us a place to stay - the name of the apartment complex is called Spectrum. I am so excited about this place - it is absolutely gorgeous, has great amenities, is brand new, very safe & secure, and located in South End (a few blocks from Pike's Old Fashioned Soda Shop & the Light Rail - I have a feeling a lot of people will want to come visit us!). Finding a place to stay really made getting married real to me - I just keep thinking "WOW! we are gonna live her together!" (and I can't wait :)

I love this man so much - can't wait to spend the rest of my life with him! Happy New Year!



No comments:

Post a Comment